Transfer requests are received and approved by the TSC Appointment Board once a year, at the end of the fiscal year. For seeking a transfer, TSC offers a specific procedure that includes filling out a TSC transfer form.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a TSC transfer.
Before we go into the application procedure for teacher transfers, it’s crucial to remember that the TSC has the authority to transfer instructors even if they haven’t applied.
As the Commission continues to pursue its delocalization objectives, teachers may expect further transfers.
If you want to switch schools or institutions, the Teachers Service Commission has set up a system for you to follow.
You must, however, meet the standards provided in the TSC Code of Regulations to be eligible for the transfer.
Aside from equitable teacher distribution, the following are some of the reasons why TSC teachers may be transferred:
The existence of a vacancy in the area where you applied for a transfer
Replacement of teachers is required.
Medical grounds, as proven or verified by a licensed physician
Other justifications that the TSC may deem essential
Transfer policies at TSC
The terms and rules of TSC Kenya transfer are detailed in the Code of Regulation, as previously indicated.
Teachers on their first appointment/posting with the Commission are not eligible for a transfer until they have worked for the institution for five years.
However, the Instructors Service Commission may consider applications from these teachers if and only if there are medical or other compelling reasons (as established by a qualified physician).
According to the Code of Regulations, a teacher who initiates the transfer process is not eligible for the TSC transfer allowance.
The Commission, on the other hand, will pay the transfer allowance if it is in charge of transferring a teacher from one sub-county to another.
TSC teacher transfer online via the teaching portal
(a) System entry
1. Visit the tsc website (www.tsc.go.ke) and select online services, then Teacher Transfer.
2. Log in with your TSC number, ID number, and mobile number.
3. Your mobile number will receive a six-digit authorization code.
4. Click Login after entering the authorization code.
5. After a successful login, the system will determine whether you are a primary or secondary school teacher.
6. To continue, click ‘Submit a Request for Transfer.’
7. Fill in all of the information and check the declaration box.
8. Click ‘OK’ after entering all of the information and checking the declaration box.
9. The system will display your current station as well as the county you requested.
10. If the request for transfer is due to insecurity or medical reasons, click the “File Attachment(s)” button to attach supporting document(s).
11. The transfer request can also be edited, withdrawn, or printed.
12 Select the document to attach by clicking Browse.
13. Make a note of what you’d like to say.
14. After attaching the document, check the dialogue box and click Ok.
Your attachment(s) will appear on the screen. You have the option of removing or viewing your attachment.
Submit the form by clicking the Submit Button.
The status of your application changes to “Pending” once it has been successfully delivered. (Please keep in mind that the application status is subject to change.)
15. To exit the system, click Log out.
b) Recommendation from the Head of Institution (HOI)
The requests will be sent to the head via the institution’s email and the HOI portal.
Option 1: Notification through email
Take a look at your email.
ii. To continue, click the email notification link.
iii. As the Head of Institution, enter your comments and click the ‘Submit’ button.
Option 2: Use the HOI portal.
Click Online Services, pick HRMIS, and then click the ‘Teacher Transfer’ button on the TSC website (www.tsc.go.ke).
ii. Type in your TSC number, ID number, and mobile number, then click Submit. Login
iii. Your mobile number will receive a six-digit authorization code.
iv. Click Login after entering the authorization code.
v. The incoming transfer requests will be shown on the HoI (Head of Institution) portal.
vi. Click the ‘Action’ button to recommend the transfer and enter your comments.
vii. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
Leave a Reply