The official dates for Grade 6 pupils to choose Junior High Schools have been announced by Magoha, Cabinet Secretary for Education.
All the Grade 6 students will need to select Junior High Schools after the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) opens the portal from August 15 to August 30 in order to be placed.
In a press conference on Friday, July 22, CS Magoha announced that 1.27 million pupils in Grade 6 will take the national exam on November 28–30.
These exams will make up 40% of the final score, with school-based tests in Grades 4, 5, and 6 accounting for the remaining 60%.
A total of 2.51 million kids will start secondary school in January 2023, according to CS Magoha.
Additionally, according to him, 1.24 million kids will start high school after passing the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams, and 1.27 million will graduate from sixth grade.
Guidelines have already been released by KNEC for the November Grade 6 exam.
Candidates will take a School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their home institutions, with the results being scored by their teachers, according to a message made to school heads by KNEC Chief Executive Officer David Njegere.
All learners will then be able to register for the national exam after the evaluation results have been uploaded to the portal.
The learners will then be assigned an assessment number, which is equivalent to the index number, to use when taking the Kenya Inter-Mediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).
All the Pupils will take five exams: Mathematics and English on the first day, Integrated Science and Kiswahili on the second, and Creative Arts and Social Studies on the third.
The Schools will be expected to provide learners with the materials needed for the practical assessments, with KNEC encouraging schools to improve some of the resources at their disposal.
All the teachers will grade the students’ responses and award them grades, which will be uploaded to the KILEA portal by the KNEC deadline.
Leave a Reply